Community Groups are groups of 10 to 20 people who meet in homes each week to connect over a shared meal and to encounter Jesus together through sermon based discussion and prayer. They are the heart and soul of Living Hope. We encourage everyone to participate in a community group each week!
For more information or to find a group that fits your schedule please contact Rachel Denne at [email protected].
Community Group Frequently Asked Questions
- When do Community Groups meet? We currently have groups that meet on nights at various times in the evening. Times and locations are listed in “The Loop” and at the Welcome Table.
- How long do groups usually last? Groups run about 1.5 to 2 hours each week. Each group shares a meal for about 30 minutes and then has a roughly 1 hour discussion followed by prayer. Community Groups meet 16 weeks in the fall and spring and we take a break in the summer.
- Why should I participate in a Community Group? The primary reason to participate in Community Group is that it helps us get to know Jesus better so that we can enjoy and live for God through him. Additionally, Sunday Gatherings are for instruction and corporate worship, while Community Groups are for application and discipleship. To miss out on Community Group is to miss out on a great blessing.
- Am I expected to talk or contribute to the meal? Guests and newcomers are not expected to talk in discussion or contribute to the meal until they are ready. Regular participants are asked to contribute one item to the meal each week. Participants can talk in discussion as much or as little as they would like.
- What if I have a transportation issue or time conflict? Our schedules don’t always work out the way we’d like and that’s ok. If you need to come late or leave early you’re more than welcome to do that. Group members who don’t have transportation are encouraged to car pool with other members of the group.
- What do I do with my kids? Parents are welcome to bring their kids with them to Community Group. Most groups can provide childcare. Parents can also have the children participation in discussion or leave them with a sitter if they’d like. We are happy to accommodate for whatever works best for you and your family.
- How do I get involved? To receive more information or to get connected to a group please contact Rachel Denne at [email protected]. She will contact you soon. You can also sign up at the Welcome Table before or after service.